The Section Collection 501(c)(3) is a nonprofit that was founded in January 2017 with the main purpose of giving back to those who have or are currently serving. Since then, the nonprofit has donated over $30,000 directly back to Veteran and First Responder causes in Southwest Michigan. All of the money is raised through local fundraisers, events and through private donors. All of the funds raised are dispersed only after a thorough vetting to insure the money is going towards the intended purpose.
Here are some examples of how the money has been used:
- A Veteran’s house burned down so the nonprofit purchased household items they severely needed.
- A Veteran needed treatment that the VA could not offer, so the nonprofit paid for 33 sessions of neuropathway training.
- A Veteran was admitted to an in-patient treatment center after being diagnosed with severe PTSD and substance abuse issues. The nonprofit paid his mortgage for the month he was admitted.
- A firefighter lost his new-born son, so the nonprofit paid for related services.
- The nonprofit purchased over 25,000 pounds of food and new clothing which was delivered to local Veteran’s shelters.
These are just a few examples of how the funds are dispersed. Not a single penny has been used for administrative costs. The goal of this nonprofit is to have a lasting impact and help out when those who have served find themselves in a difficult situation. The Section Collection is truly making an impact in Southwest Michigan.
If you have taken part in one of our fundraising events, we would like to say thank you. Without your steadfast support we would not be able to provide these much needed services to those who deserve it.
Donate now to the Section Collection and together we can make a difference!
Join the Section Nation in Real Life!
We hope to see you at one of our upcoming Section Events.